Have any questions?
+49 6233 45943 444
Supply Chain Design
From strategy to implementation in efficient supply chains
Flexible network design for sustainable success
A well-oiled supply chain is mission-critical for most businesses. Since logistics costs account for 10 to 20 percent of overall costs, depending on the region, the efficiency of the structures and processes along the supply chain have a major impact on business performance.
Smart logistics also yields significant opportunities for a business to set itself apart from the competition by customizing the services it offers.
Goals of a successful supply chain strategy
- Lower costs along the entire supply chain (inbound, production, distribution)
- Enhance services (availability, accessibility, on-time performance)
- Improve quality of make-or-buy decisions (outsourcing of transport and logistics services)
- Seize opportunities for modernizing logistics (evaluate and select IT systems)
- Identify and rectify shortcomings in services (benchmarks, enhanced productivity)
Scenario-based network planning is used to optimize costs and services and make the network as resilient as possible against future changes. We achieve this through planning methodologies that use simulation and optimization tools to point to solutions and show how they can be successfully implemented.
- Optimization of supply chain structures: warehousing phase, locations, segmentation, product lines
- Integration of all available supply chain data in one data warehouse: data from ERP and BI systems merged
- Optimization of supply chain by various criteria: assessment of various courses of action in scenario technologies
- Development of appropriate organizational models: make or buy, org structure, and workflow management
- Definition of requirements for IT systems: logistics IT architecture, selection of tools, etc.
- Design of feasible implementation plan and change concept, with support for change management from idea to implementation