Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
Transport Management for Shippers
Manage complex processes the smart way
The larger companies grow, the more complex their procurement and distribution processes become. Without smart technology, these processes eventually become almost unmanageable. Companies with multiple locations and a far-flung network of suppliers, customers, production sites, warehouses, and branch offices that receive goods from different carriers often face a daunting challenge: They need to keep the logistics humming along despite the diversity of systems spread across various locations, widely varying shipment sizes, a large cast of service providers, and multimodal transports spanning national and international routes. Shipping information is shared through a dizzying array of channels, so a lot of time and hands-on effort is required for this to succeed. This fragmentation means that delays are often noticed only after it’s too late, and when something changes, nobody is notified.
What’s needed is a system that provides all service providers with reliable information on the status of all shipments. This alone ensures that sites and customers get their goods on time and always have the latest shipping status data.
The solution allows for digital control over inbound and outbound processes. Some examples:
- Carriers are automatically selected and shipments allocated to the various transport channels.
- Shipping data is processed and augmented (delivery notes and validations are consolidated, supplemental information added, etc.).
- Transport-related documents (barcode labels, loading lists, customs documents, etc.) are generated.
- Cross-provider shipment tracking data is collected (and a tracking history is automatically generated).
- Milestones are monitored to help identify any delays early on.
- Follow-up processes are automatically initiated when milestones are achieved or missed.
- Time slot information is automatically linked to shipment and manifest data to determine specific delivery and pickup times (so that customers have the information they need about which goods and shipments are scheduled for pickup or delivery at which loading dock).
The company achieves standardized processes across all locations. Status data from various sources is consolidated in a single interface, so shippers are empowered with better customer service data. Exception management is optimized through continuous monitoring and automated reporting of any variances in the shipping process.
Time slot management ensures smooth processes and goods handling at the loading dock, shortens wait times, and streamlines how resources are used. This drives down idle and wait times by around 40 percent and increases shipper productivity by more than 20 percent.
The result is fewer overall resources needed to process shipments and lower administrative overhead. Since the data has been validated, invoices can be verified more quickly and reliably and with fewer errors. The software solution can also easily map future trends: Requests for proposals can draw upon validated shipping data, opening the door to potential savings when changing providers. Integrating new customers or locations is a snap, so nothing stands in the way of your expansion.
Do you have any questions about our solutions or services?
Then get in touch with us. We will be happy to help you.